Back to Calendar
Regular City Council Meeting
Resolution - Water Utilities:
Consider a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute Amendment No. 2 to Professional Services Contract 14300, with HDR Engineering, Inc., for professional engineering and geo-sciences services related to groundwater monitoring and remediation at City-owned land application sites.
Since 1989, the City has been monitoring groundwater conditions and pumping groundwater from wells located at the Lubbock Land Application Site (LLAS), under the direction of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Currently, these activities, in addition to the groundwater monitoring of the Hancock Land Application SIte (HLAS), are provisions of the City's Southeast Water Reclamation Plant (SEWRP) wastewater discharge permit. These activities are required to assess, monitor, and remediate groundwater contaminated with nitrates underlying these two sites.
Amendment No. 2 with HDR Engineering, Inc. will continue to provide professional services necessary to comply with the TCEQ requirements outlined in the SEWRP's wastewater discharge permit. The scope of work includes but is not limited to:
1) interfacing with City staff and TCEQ regulators regarding the City's nitrate monitoring and remediation efforts;
2) maintaining a database of groundwater monitoring and remediation data;
3) preparing and updating groundwater models predicting groundwater gradients and nitrate concentrations in future years;
4) evaluating historic trends in groundwater conditions;
5) evaluating the LLAS groundwater recovery system performance;
6) preparing nitrate iso-concentration maps and groundwater gradient maps;
7) preparing annual reports for each land application site for submittal to the TCEQ; and
8) coordinating with Agri-Waste Technologies (AWT) regarding land application rates and soil conditions.
The Water/Wastewater Fund 2020-21 Operating Budget has sufficient funds of $265,047 available for the addition of this Amendment, making the total cost of the project $539,547.
Jesica McEachern, Assistant City Manager
Resolution- HDR- LandAppGWMonitoring
Contract- Amend 2- HDR LandAppGWMonitor
AgendaQuick©2005 - 2021 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved