Print Back to Calendar Return
    7. 8.    
Regular City Council Meeting
Meeting Date: 12/03/2019  

Information
Agenda Item
Resolution - Engineering: Consider a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an Advanced Funding Agreement (AFA), Contract No. 15078, between the City of Lubbock and the State of Texas acting through the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), for the Surface Transportation Program for the construction of the Upland Avenue Corridor, from 66th Street to 82nd Street.
Item Summary
The Lubbock Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) approved the use of Category 7 “Urban Mobility Funds” for the construction of Upland Avenue from 66th Street to 82nd Street. This is an Advanced Funding Agreement between the City of Lubbock and TxDOT, which will allocate Federal funds for that purpose. The costs will be allocated based on 80% Federal funding with the remaining 20% City funding.

Total cost of the project is estimated at $7,886,875.42. The City of Lubbock’s portion is $1,613,295.88 of which $948,930.98 will be City funded and $664,364.90 will be utilized from left-over funding that the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)  has from previous City projects.
Fiscal Impact
$6,518,687 is appropriated in Capital Improvement Project 92510, Upland Avenue-66th Street to 82nd Street, with $948,930.98 available for this purpose; additionally, $664,364.90 of TxDOT funding left over from prior City projects is available for this purpose, for total funding of $1,613,295.88.
Staff/Board Recommending
Jesica McEachern, Assistant City Manager

Attachments
Resolution
AFA Contract
CIP Spreadsheet
CIP Detail

AgendaQuick©2005 - 2019 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved