|Roof Sections A, B, and C of the Garden and Arts Center are being replaced.
Work shall include:
• Applying asphalt primer to the existing modified bitumen roofing system, and the Contractor shall remove any blisters or ridging in the existing roof membrane.
• Installing new ½” per 12” sloped crickets as shown on roof plan and adhering specified ¼” substrate board as specified
• Fully adhering specified SBS modified base sheet, and fully adhering one ply of thermoplastic evaloy sheet
• Installing new miscellaneous carpentry to the perimeter roof details as specified to provide new substrate for flashing assembly as specified
• Installing flush metal wall panels and prefinished metal fascia
• Raising all mechanical equipment and service lines to eight-inch (8”) minimum height above finished roof surface.
• Providing a 20-year NDL manufacturer’s warranty with no exclusion for up to 2-inch diameter hail events, and a 2-year contractor’s warranty
Work shall also include all HVAC and electrical, piping disconnect and reconnection. Installation shall be according to specifications, details and manufacturer’s guidelines.
In response to request for proposals, 5 contractors submitted sealed proposals that were evaluated and ranked in relation to the published selection criteria pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Section 2269. The proposals ranged in price from $116,771 to $297,250, with construction time estimated between 33-90 days. The proposals were evaluated using the following criteria: Price (60%), Contractor Qualifications (30%), Safety Record Questionnaire (5%) and Construction Time (5%). The maximum point value is 100 points.
After the proposals were evaluated, the following ranking was obtained:
|Lydick-Hooks Roofing of Lubbock, TX
|Tecta America of Lubbock, TX
|Roofs Inc. of Lubbock, TX
|Hamilton Roofing Co. of Lubbock, TX
|X-Hail Roofing of Midlothiam, TX
Time for completion was estimated at 45 consecutive calendar days, and liquidated damages are $250 per additional calendar day.
Texas Local Government Code, Section 2269 requires the City to select the offeror that offers the best value based on the published selection criteria and on its ranking evaluation. In determining the best value, the City is not restricted to considering price alone, and considers other factors stated in the selection criteria. The City and its engineer or architect may discuss with the selected offeror options for a scope or time modification and any price change associated with the modification.
Staff and Evaluation Committee recommends award to the most qualified proposer, Lydick-Hooks Roofing of Lubbock, Texas, for $116,771, with time duration of 45 days for final completion.