|On September 22, 2020, the City Council approved the first reading of the ordinance.
On March 26, 2019, the City Council passed amendments to Section 8.04 of the City of Lubbock Code of Ordinances, Ordinance 2019 - O0037, pertaining to Game Rooms, and the permitting process and requirements for Game Room operators. The Office of the City Secretary, in coordination with the Police Department, is proposing further amendments to Section 8.04 of the City of Lubbock Code of Ordinances. These amendments include:
• further defining the term applicant;
• clarifying the coin-operated machine definition;
• adding that deferred adjudication will have to be disclosed by the applicant;
• including information that game rooms are nontransferable;
• clarifying property ownership requirements; and
• adding further specifications regarding the appeal process if a permit is denied.